Posted Fri, 20 Aug 2021 01:44:07 GMT by Peter Pignataro
Is it possible to change the default settings for the standard user groups in IVION? 

I want to modify the default settings so that a user set to Viewer always has the measurement tool enabled - it only seems to work if I have the instance set to public. But if the instance is set to private then I have to manually update the group permissions in each instance separately. 

So it would be nice if I could modify the default settings for viewer so that they have access to the measurement tool always. Just wondering if that's possible and I just can't find out where.  

Thanks, 
Peter
Posted Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:46:29 GMT by Menghui Tong
Yes, like you said Peter, if it is a private instance and you would like the viewer role in each site to be able to use the measurement tools, you have to modify the permissions in each site. The whole user management logic is redesigned on a multi-site bases, each site is considered as an individual entity. That's why the permissions are all single site based. 
Posted Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:18:31 GMT by Peter Pignataro
maybe something to consider for future, I think either universal customization for the admin user - or just defaulting measurement at the viewer level would be an advantage. 

as a training it's another step I need to train my staff to initiate in every instance - because I can't possibly imagine a scenario where I don't want a viewer level permission to have access to that tool. 

I'm not sure how other users feel about this - maybe I'm the minority. 
Posted Tue, 31 Aug 2021 08:29:57 GMT by Menghui Tong
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the information, we will definitely consider your suggestion. Do you want me to create a feature request on this -> if so, anything you would like to add?

Posted Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:02:22 GMT by Peter Pignataro
thank-you, yes if you can convert this post to a feature request that would be great. 

but in terms of additions no - just more control over default user permissions. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Feedback