Posted Wed, 30 Jun 2021 07:53:40 GMT by Richard Evans
Very simply: as part of the measurement functions, would it be possible to query the xyz of points within the viewer, rather than just measuring distances between points?
Posted Wed, 30 Jun 2021 08:27:48 GMT by Laurin Gottschall
Hi Richard, 

this is Laurin from NavVis. Thanks for raising this feature request... indeed this has been in our heads for quite a while but it's great to see that this is also coming as a request from our customers. I will pass this on to our developers and they will then take a decision as to when and how this might be implemented in the future. 

Thanks for your feedback though, highly appreciated. 
Best, Laurin
Posted Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:30:37 GMT by Richard Evans
Many thanks, Laurin!
Posted Thu, 15 Jul 2021 13:47:39 GMT by Mattias Glaad Klingvall
Hi Richard,

Thumbs up on the request!

My clients use a workaround using POI's to extract coordinates. It's not as accurate as one would hope for (from placing POI's in the panoramic view) but we at least get an idea of the XYZ information. You find the information on the advanced tab of the POI. 

Maybe you knew this already, but for me this was a huge plus.

Kind Regards

Mattias Glaad, Projektstrateg, Sweden 
Posted Mon, 19 Jul 2021 06:50:11 GMT by Richard Evans
Thanks for the tip, Matthias! That's a useful work-around - much appreciated!
Posted Wed, 21 Jul 2021 08:10:22 GMT by Laurin Gottschall
Hi Richard, hi Mattias, 

I hope you're well. I just spoke to one of our UX Designers and we'd like to get a better understanding of the use cases as to where the XYZ coordinates would be relevant to you in the measurement mode. What exactly are you trying to achieve and what would the perfect integration look like to you? Your feedback would be highly appreciated and there's a good chance that we will integrate this into future versions of IVION. 

Thanks a lot. Best, 
Laurin
Posted Wed, 21 Jul 2021 08:57:40 GMT by Richard Evans
Hi Laurin

This feature would be most useful to me when I'm working with the pointcloud data in CAD. Being able to query the XYZ coordinates (particularly Z) in the viewer would then help me to isolate the corresponding features in the cloud that I am looking to draw/work with.

I guess this feature would also be useful to clients that we provide the digital twin to, allowing them to query any locations that are relevant to them. The measuring tools are great for obtaining measurements relative to other points, but the XYZ feature would add an extra useful option for standalone values.

Many thanks for your continued development on this!
Posted Fri, 01 Oct 2021 17:23:41 GMT by Troy Mifsud
It would be great if we could export the xyz coordinates of the panorama locations to a .csv file, along with the URL location of the panorama.  We want to mark those locations on a cad plan, and provide a hyperlink to the panorama image from there.  Thanks!
Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 12:29:40 GMT by Laurin Gottschall
Hi Troy, 
thanks for detailing your use case. I'll add your request to the existing feature request. 

Best, Laurin
Posted Thu, 06 Jan 2022 12:06:17 GMT by Jared Matthews Senior Director / Director
I second this feature request. Just like Richard, we also work with the cloud data in CAD, and having the Z value obtainable in the viewer is very handy

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Feedback