I have noticed this as well. The structured e57 imports are buggy as hell.
Regarding the panos it is very strange, they seem to work inside. I have a scan in a door way - half inside half outside. That retains the imagery but anything purely outside has no imagery at all.
A few more problems I have found:
- I keep getting an error "cannot load point cloud data" for no reason. Constantly.
- My cursor is jumping all over the place.
- The scan positions circles are not consistant to their actual positions. Some are floating for no reason. others I cannot see at all.
- I have a scan floating in space at a weird scale. (Yes it is registred correctly and imported correctly. it even starts in the correctly location before blowing out). Attached image.
- Datasets randomly turn off.
Apologies Navvis, The problem regarding imagery wasn't to do with Ivion and I was stressed at the time of my previous post.
Although please take into account the problems noted above.
I assume you are exporting your structured e57 point clouds from laser control. Even with pano imagery selected for the export it won't work in Ivion or in Recap.
Instead export as .zfs - import to Recap and then export structured e57 files from there to be imported to ivion.
This will bring the pano imagery in.