Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2022 23:10:58 GMT by Patrick Hughes Senior Manager / Manager
Hi All,

Has anyone else found that the way Ivion uses external data from a TLS system has changed in the newest versions?

In the past I have uploaded data from a Z+F 5016 and the panoramic images worked great, you could interact with the dataset exactly the same as you would with data from the VLX. This seems to have changed and now I can no longer use the panoramic images or create an overview map from the imagery contained within the E57 file.
I have tried several different ways to get this to work like before but unfortunately cannot seem to get what I need. Has anyone else had this experience?
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 23:49:08 GMT by David Parker BIM/3D Modeling

Hey Patrick,

I have noticed this as well. The structured e57 imports are buggy as hell.

Regarding the panos it is very strange, they seem to work inside. I have a scan in a door way - half inside half outside. That retains the imagery but anything purely outside has no imagery at all.

A few more problems I have found:

• I keep getting an error "cannot load point cloud data" for no reason. Constantly.
  • My cursor is jumping all over the place.
  • The scan positions circles are not consistant to their actual positions. Some are floating for no reason. others I cannot see at all.
  • I have a scan floating in space at a weird scale. (Yes it is registred correctly and imported correctly. it even starts in the correctly location before blowing out). Attached image.
  • Datasets randomly turn off.

Update:

Apologies Navvis, The problem regarding imagery wasn't to do with Ivion and I was stressed at the time of my previous post.

Although please take into account the problems noted above.

Patrick,

I assume you are exporting your structured e57 point clouds from laser control. Even with pano imagery selected for the export it won't work in Ivion or in Recap.

Instead export as .zfs - import to Recap and then export structured e57 files from there to be imported to ivion.

This will bring the pano imagery in.

Cheers, David.

Posted Thu, 04 Aug 2022 09:05:28 GMT by Laurin Gottschall
Hi Patrick, hi David,&nbsp;<br> <br> this is Laurin from NavVis. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve some of your problems with e57 import. To be fully transparent we do know of the current problems with e57 import and we're trying to improve the situation one step at a time. If you check the changelog for prior IVION releases (such as 10.4.1. for example) there have been some improvements made.&nbsp;<br> <br> If you still run into any issues please ensure however that your e57 file follows the <strong>"Requirements for Panorama Extraction"</strong> documented in our documentation:&nbsp;https://ivion.docs.navvis.com/navvis-ivion-setup/adding-data-to-a-site/panoramas-from-.e57-files#importing-e57-files. If those requirements are not met with your file exports then IVION cannot process your data correctly.&nbsp;<br> <br> I hope this helps, in case you run into any other problems please don't hesitate to contact NavVis Support.&nbsp;<br> <br> Best,&nbsp;<br> Laurin

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Feedback