Solution applies to: Cloud Processing Add-On IV v2.8.0
After adding an anchor file to a cloud processing job, the UI gives feedback that some control points are misaligned or not found:
The warnings (orange) and the errors (red) appear when there is at least more than 20 cms of offset between IMMS-captured and measured locations, or if the control points are not found at all.
Check the following potential problems and correct if one applies:
- The orientation is incorrect: there is a left-handed coordinate system instead of the right-handed coordinate system. To quickly test if this is the problem, select and draw three control points (best spanning a rectangle) on a piece of paper to visualize and cross-check captured vs. measured locations. Draw the x- and y-axis into the drawing for the measured locations listed in the anchor file.
- The locations are in the wrong unit system - imperial measurement in inches. The locations in the anchor file should be in metric. All locations should be in meters.
- The measured control point locations were transferred incorrectly to the metric XYZ coordinates from geographic coordinate systems with longitude/latitude.
If none of the above problems applies to your situation, please contact NavVis Support with the following data prepared:
- The anchor file uploaded to the cloud processing job
- The name of the original coordinate system of the measured control points
- The original document where the measured control points were reported in
- The captured anchor poses from the IMMS, which are located in datasets_rec\<dataset_id>\anchors\anchor_poses_recorded.txt.